Struggling to get your 2 serves of fruit in the day and would much rather have a good serving of ice cream? Why not kill two birds with one stone with my mango sorbet! Dietitian approved as a yummy, healthy dessert, perfect for mango season and this hot weather!!
When is comes to fruit’s serving sizes, there are a lot of variations between different fruit types, and it is still important to be mindful of how much fruit we are consuming in the day. However fruit is an excellent source of nutrition, packed with vitamins, minerals, and fibre, it has little to no fat and has been shown to reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke, and some cancers. Therefore fruit gets a big ‘YAS queen’ from me, which makes it a food I make sure to meet my requirements of daily!
All things considered 1 serve of my sorbet (2 scoops) would count as one serve of fruit, therefore a great wholesome dessert to enjoy mindfully.
- 125mls (1/2 cup) water
- 4 large ripe mangoes
- 2 egg whites
- Peel your mangoes and chop up the flesh.
- Add your chopped mangoes and 1/2 cup of water into a blender or food processor and blend until a puree consistency.
- Pour the pureed mango mixture into a shallow metal tray and freeze until it is close to setting.
- Then remove the partially set sorbet back into the food processor/blender and add the egg whites.
- Process the egg whites and mango mixture until smooth, then poor the mixture back into the metal tray and freeze until firm.
- Serve with ice cream scoop and maybe decorate with some shredded coconut to finish! EASY!!