I hope you have all had an amazing Christmas and a Happy New Year! I must admit I have been really enjoying my Christmas holiday break, especially taking a break from social media. But the New Year has begun, therefore time to hop back into it and reconnect with you all.
My first post for 2017 is about one of my favourite Australian desserts, the classic pavlova!!
A Christmas feast is never complete without a delicious pav to satisfy your taste buds, and they are oh so fun to decorate!
Of course, pavlova is a cake, so there is definitely sugar involved but, I can assure you this is the time of year when we allow ourselves to enjoy our favourite desserts with the ones we love, and make sure to savour every bite!
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of iodised salt
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp malt vinegar
- Light whipped cream
- Fresh fruit
- Preheat the oven the 150 degrees celsius. Place the egg whites into a big bowl and whisk them with the electric mixer on a medium level until they form firm peaks.
- With the mixer still beating, gradually add the sugar and the pinch of salt.
- Then turn the mixture up to the highest setting and whisk until a glossy texture, for approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Then scope the meringue mixture onto some baking paper and shape into a circle, approximately the size of a dinner plate with a spatula.
- Place into the oven for approximately 1 hour 30 minutes, or until crisp on the outside.
- Finally, decorate however you like! I used light whipped cream and beautiful fresh fruit, drizzled with passionfruit and a sprinkle of chcolate.